Less is more




Now that I'm away from the studio for a while, I'm facing the challenges of getting by with less, which is generally not a bad thing  (you know, less is more etc.). Actually less is very challenging and starts with the moment you think about packing your bag and are faced with choices (not easy for a dyed-in-the-wool non-decision-maker like me). In the days before leaving home I treated myself to a new set of watercolours - not that I am a watercolourist - but how sweet it is to have the potential of a world of colour in the bottom of your minimalist bag (and which takes up so little room)




These images are in fact only postage stamp size (well actually about double that) and the result of reductively tearing up an A3 size painted page in halves to end up with very small images (does that make sense?)



Final step is photographing the interesting ones and editing for colour, filter etc

I think from here I could be inspired to reproduce these tiny images onto large canvases. A perfect example of less is more!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drawing life

A lull in the proceedings

Ceramics go-slow