Communing with birds





My latest focus is making work for an exhibition in Perth in November. A new project called Artists Open House Fremantle, in it's second year and I'm proud and delighted to say I've been asked to join! Here are a few images of what will be shown.





Birds, ducks, spotty two-legged ambiguous-looking creatures ... call them what you will but I love painting them! As you may be aware, I'm rather taken by birds, especially since both the ducks and the tiny squeaky birds that hover over the rice fields and I have been close neighbours for the past 6 months






Floating figures who commune with birds ... Bali is such an enchanting, dream-like place, it's no real surprise to find the images reflecting a reality which seems to hover just a few degrees above the everyday in some way. 




And spots ... well they remain in the repertoire because they are whimsical and happy things!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drawing life

A lull in the proceedings

Ceramics go-slow