Paint box bird

Paint box bird ceramic plate


This is one of my favourite recent pieces ... not at all sophisticated but it resonates with me for several reasons. I would say it's a 'found' image, something I have stumbled across and kept close to my heart ... albeit unconsciously ... emerging in an idle moment between the usual dashing of colour (usually blue, sometimes green or pink) across plates. It's a simple image of a bird, of course, but it is also personally evocative of memorable things such as one's first paintbox and the joys of playing with all those colours. I feel very comfortable with monochrome, but sometimes, I feel, it's good to get out the paintbox and throw around a bit of colour!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drawing life

A lull in the proceedings

Ceramics go-slow