The reformation period

Crochet silver wire necklace


Three piece necklace


Beaten silver pendant necklace


It occurred to me this morning as I was beating away at a brass bangle found in the op-shop, reshaping, refolding and reducing it to an intriguingly deformed object (that could potentially be a piece of adornment), that there is a tendency in my work of late to REFORM. 



Beaten brass pendant 
(reformed bangle)

I like to work with found materials and objects as a starting point, as opposed to having a concept first then looking for the ways and means to realize a piece. Sometimes this means simply breaking found objects into their individual components and putting a few unrelated pieces back together in a way that is new and fresh - I like that!

Other times and with great delight out comes the hammer and things get thoroughly beaten and flattenned .... all the while witnessing the materials being reshaped and the object reformed - I really like that!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drawing life

A lull in the proceedings

Ceramics go-slow