And now for something a little bit different



This is a quilt I am working on in my spare time (ha!), using a range of fabrics bought over a period of ten years worth of visits to Bali ... a bit at a time, initially all the bright colours, then more muted. My original plan was to make pyjamas in all different colours, but shelved the idea after four pairs... It's lovely having a box full of bits and pieces to play with and that combine so easily and sometimes surprisingly. I am using the paper bag method as I don't like making decisions about what goes with what (a great believer in spontaneous art-making).


Comments

  1. Anthea, this is beautiful. I am also a believer in spontaneous art making, so I am going online to check the paper bag method!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Blandina, thank you! I should have outlined the paper bag method ... it's basically a 'blind' or 'reduced choice' method of working so you don't think too much about which fabric goes with what, it's just whichever comes out of the bag, you use that one. Let me know if you want more specific info.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Drawing life

A lull in the proceedings

Ceramics go-slow