Seeing things



I realise I run the risk of sounding pretentious but at the moment I am sitting in front of a pool in a garden of frangipani tres, palms, bougainvillea, hibiscus, chirping flittering birds, chattering people ... reflecting on how being out of one's usual ambience opens up the senses to other seemingly insignifiicant things. The crazy paving around the pool ressembles an abstract painting






and a bloom landing unexpectedly on the chaise longue, blown down by the tropical evening breeze, looks exactly like a bird. Tall stories evoking raucous responses waft over from  the other side of the pool. A young boy appears at the pool with goggles and dad in floral boardshorts who dips his toes and smiles.


Comments

  1. I couldn't agree more: I have been to Sri Lanka and being in a different environment made me look more attentively to what was around me, especially textures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must love travel for the same reasons ... I'm curious about Sri Lanka. Thanks for your comments

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a strange toucan wearing a hat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Drawing life

A lull in the proceedings

Ceramics go-slow